www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Join Property Expert Forum Index -> FIRST TIME BUYERS by Luke Doonan
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elaine95

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:46 am    Post subject: www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com Reply with quote

New York Yankees starting pitcher CC Sabathia received a five-game suspension from MLB for throwing at Tampa Bay Rays catcher Jesus Sucre on Thursday http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-keith-hernandez-jersey , The Athletic's Lindsey Adler reported Saturday.According to Adler, Sabathia will appeal the punishment. ESPN.com's Marly Rivera noted the suspension will apply to the 2019 regular season and not limit Sabathia's availability for the playoffs.Sabathia was ejected from the Yankees' 12-1 victory after he hit Sucre with the first pitch of the bottom of the sixth inning. The veteran left-hander had apparently taken exception to a fastball high and tight on teammate Austin Romine in the top half of the frame.YES Network YESNetworkCC Sabathias ejection 馃憞#YANKSonYES 53W4XzwER3In addition to Sabathia's suspension, MLB handed a three-game ban to Rays pitcher Andrew Kittredge, who delivered the pitch to Romine.For The Win'sAndrew Josephnoted the pitch that connected with Sucre was an expensive one for Sabathia Bob Gibson Jersey , since he'll likely miss out on a $500,000 bonus based on his innings. Sabathia has thrown 153 innings this season; he needs two more to trigger the bonus."I don't really make decisions based on money, I guess," Sabathia said http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-willie-mcgee-jersey , per MLB.com'sBryan Hoch. "I just felt like it was the right thing to do."Regardless of whether his appeal is successful, Sabathia's suspension won't be too costly for him or the Yankees since he's free to feature in the postseason. Adam Glanzman/Getty ImagesBoston Red Sox star J.D. Martinez stood behind a 2013 Instagram post that attributed a fake quote to Adolf Hitler.The post included a picture of Hitler that read: "To conquer a nation, First disarm it's citizens."TheNew York Daily News' Kate Feldman provided a screenshot of the post:Kate Feldman kateefeldmanI just...what... Jf1gxgzOpq"I posted it," Martinez said Tuesday of the story Mike Matheny Jersey , per USA Today's Scott Boeck. "I love my country. I love this country. I stand by the Constitution and I stand by the Second Amendment and it's something that I take pride in. It's something that I'll back up.At the time I posted that, the Second Amendment at the time was definitely a hot topic.The point of it wasn't to offend anybody."Chad Amaral of Boston 25 News shared Martinez's full comments from Tuesday:Chad Amaral Chad_AmaralJD Martinez on controversial Instagram post quot;Im here to play baseball guys, Im not a politician.... Im here to help us win...It was something that happened 6 years ago....thats why I dont talk about politics I dont want this distraction.quot; OmkfDElaNrChad Amaral Chad_AmaralJD Martinez addresses controversial Instagram post quot;The point of it wasnt to offend anyone, as most of you guys know Im Cuban American and most of my family was run out of Cuba by a brutal dictator.quot; BfgpbLESPYThe post predates Martinez's tenure with the Red Sox http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-red-schoendienst-jersey , which started this offseason when he signed afive-year, $110 millioncontract. Still, Red Sox team president Sam Kennedy told theBoston Herald'sSteve Buckleythe team had addressed the situation with Martinez.Kennedy said the Red Sox "work with our players regularly to reinforce that their social media interactions can be interpreted in ways that are unintended."Controversy about his past social media habits aside, Martinez is having an incredibly successful debut season in Boston.He's batting.338 with 38 home runs Enos Slaughter Jersey , 110 RBI and a .656 slugging percentage, and his 5.4 WAR is tied for seventh-best among MLB position players, perFanGraphs.The Red Sox need that production to continue as they look to remain on top in the American League East and avoid the wild-card game in the postseason.
Is the above message: Offensive? Objectionable? Way off track?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Join Property Expert Forum Index -> FIRST TIME BUYERS by Luke Doonan
Page 1 of 1

Go to:  
Advertise with us  |  Privacy  |  Terms & Copyright                                                                                     Website maintained by USP Networks