corner past Sounders goalkeeper Stefan Frei. The Crew (3-0-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Join Property Expert Forum Index -> what happens if you don't pay.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject: corner past Sounders goalkeeper Stefan Frei. The Crew (3-0- Reply with quote

ST. LOUIS -- Jhonny Peralta went deep twice, ending the St. Louis Cardinals 366 at-bat homerless drought. The first would have been plenty for Adam Wainwright. Wainwright became the majors first five-game winner and Peralta had two home runs and four RBIs in a 7-0 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates on Sunday. "Im really having more fun pitching right now than I ever have," Wainwright said. "Its just such a chess match. "I feel Im right where I want to be and so Im going to work extra hard to stay there and not get complacent." Matt Holliday, Allen Craig and Yadier Molina also had RBIs for the Cardinals, who totalled five runs in their previous four games. St. Louis took two of three from the Pirates, shutting them out in both wins. "We got some big hits today, gave him a little bit of room to breathe," manager Mike Matheny said. "Even though weve got all the faith in the world in Waino, you just hate to have to be on the edge all the time." Edinson Volquez (1-2) gave up six runs in 5 2-3 innings for Pittsburgh, which has dropped five of six. His day unraveled after the Pirates appeal of a potential double-play ball was denied and first baseman Ike Davis foot was ruled off the bag in the sixth inning. Davis was on the dirt stretching for the relay and was adamant replay got it wrong, contending he had contact with the base for "at least a half-second" after gloving the relay from second baseman Neil Walker. "I knew I was on the bag. You can look at the video yourself and you would think I was on the bag, too," Davis said after the game. "But I guess it wasnt a close enough view." Craigs two-out bloop single made it 2-0 the next at-bat, his first RBI in eight games. Peralta followed with a three-run homer on a full count for a 5-0 lead that chased Volquez, whos 3-6 with a 5.66 ERA in 12 career starts against St. Louis. Manager Clint Hurdle said if the umpires had called it a double play, he didnt think Matheny would have prevailed in a challenge. "You saw how it changed the complexion of the game," Hurdle said. "I dont think it does anything mentally, youve got to play through it. "Weve been playing through calls we didnt like for 128 years, so that part of it is not going to change." Peralta also homered leading off the fifth, the Cardinals first since Craig on April 16 at Milwaukee. He has six homers, the most ever by a Cardinals shortstop in the opening month of the season and one more than Edgar Renteria hit in 2000. "The first one, I knew it was gone for sure," Peralta said. "The second home run, I didnt know for sure if was gone. He threw me a pretty good change-up." Wainwright (5-1) allowed three hits in eight scoreless innings and hasnt allowed a run in 25 consecutive innings. He stayed on turn after tweaking his right knee trying to cover first in his last start at New York and had seven strikeouts with two walks. Wainwrights only loss came April 6 at Pittsburgh when he allowed two runs in seven innings but lost 2-1 in another matchup with Volquez, with the win going to reliever Tony Watson. On Sunday, Wainwright retired nine straight before hitting Jose Tabata with a breaking ball with one out in the sixth. Pedro Alvarez singled with two outs, but Wainwright got Neil Walker on a called third strike. Hes the fourth St. Louis pitcher to win five games in the opening month, joining Darryl Kile (2000), Bob Tewksbury (1994) and John Denny (1977). "You cannot make a lot of mistakes," Volquez said. "Hes unbelievable. Hes a superstar." Matt Adams tripled off Jeanmar Gomez in the eighth and scored on Molinas sacrifice fly. NOTES: The Pirates have lost five consecutive series. ... Michael Wacha (2-2, 2.10) opposes Yovani Gallardo (2-0, 1.42) Monday in the opener of a three-game series between the Cardinals and Brewers. ... The Pirates have a day off before opening a two-game series at Baltimore with Charlie Morton (0-3, 4.35) opposing Chris Tillman (3-1, 3.3Cool. ... Matt Carpenter and Yadier Molina received Silver Slugger awards in a pregame ceremony. ... Peralta has eight career multihomer games, the previous on July 29, 2012, at Toronto. ... Holliday had an RBI in all three games of the series. Arizona Cardinals Jerseys . The Blue Jackets got goals from Cam Atkinson, Nick Foligno, Boone Jenner and R.J. Umberger and Curtis McElhinney posted his first shutout since 2011 in a 4-0 victory on Friday night. A.Q. Shipley Jersey . Spieth again showed game well beyond his 20 years with a 9-under 63 on the North Course, giving him a one-shot lead over Stewart Cink going into the weekend at the Farmers Insurance Open. million contract, according to a person familiar with the deal. Hatcher agreed to terms Thursday, according to a person who spoke on condition of anonymity because the contract had not been signed. Phil Dawson Jersey . A wide-eyed 18-year-old visiting North America for only the second time in his young life, Caboclo immediately noticed the "big tower" his new home is best known for. Markus Golden Jersey . LUCIE, Fla.SEATTLE -- Justin Meram scored in the final minute of second-half stoppage time, lifting the Columbus Crew to a 2-1 victory over the Seattle Sounders on Saturday night. Merams winning score was set up by Federico Higuains corner kick. The ball went beyond the top of the penalty area to Meram, who drilled a 25-yarder into the back right corner past Sounders goalkeeper Stefan Frei. The Crew (3-0-0) have won their first three games for the first time in the clubs 19-year history. "I was just lucky enough that the play happened," said Meram, who entered in the 89th minute. "(Higuain) is one of the best players in the league. He recognized it, played it to me, I saw an opening and just went for it." "I practice that shot a lot - to be honest, maybe too much," Meram added. "But it paid off tonight." Sounders coach Sigi Schmid wondered aloud if the final play should have been stopped. "Usually, the referee positions himself outside the 18 when a corner kick is taken. I rarely see a referees position almost inside the 6-yard box, so it looked like he was talking to our players," Schmid said. "And if youre talking to our players, why do you let the ball get played? "If youre going to talk to one of our players then you got tto stop the play.dddddddddddd. But that doesnt make an excuse for us for falling asleep and still more players need to pay attention there so we dont get caught." Coupled with Columbus 3-0-1 preseason record, the Crew have yet to lose under the direction of first-year coach and former U.S. national team player Gregg Berhalter. "I dont think you could have seen it," Berhalter said of the fast start. "We knew we wanted to develop, we knew we wanted to grow as a team, and we knew we wanted to improve. Weve made strides in every game that weve played. The guys have accepted the way we want to play, and thats been key." Higuain converted a penalty kick late in the 59th minute to tie it at 1. Higuain has two of his three goals this season on PKs. Last year, he scored a team-record six times in eight opportunities from the spot. Kenny Cooper scored early in the 23rd minute for the Sounders (2-2-0). It his first goal since being acquired in an off-season trade with FC Dallas. Higuains penalty kick was set up when Dominic Oduro was taken down in the box by Seattle defender Djimi Traore, who subsequently was shown a straight red card by referee Allen Chapman. Higuain drove his shot into the upper centre of the net, with Frei diving to the right. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Is the above message: Offensive? Objectionable? Way off track?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Join Property Expert Forum Index -> what happens if you don't pay.
Page 1 of 1

Go to:  
Advertise with us  |  Privacy  |  Terms & Copyright                                                                                     Website maintained by USP Networks