y 40 minutes, his most since the 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Join Property Expert Forum Index -> FIRST TIME BUYERS by Luke Doonan
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lw789

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: y 40 minutes, his most since the 2 Reply with quote

TORONTO -- Toronto Marlies head coach Steve Spott knows the exact point his team lost Saturdays game to the Texas Stars. Up 1-0 midway through the second period, the Marlies had a chance to add to their lead with a 1:35 two-man advantage. Instead, they went scoreless on just two shots. Scott Glennie tied the game 20 seconds after five-on-five play resumed, and Taylor Peters added the winner midway through third to lift the Stars over the Marlies 2-1 for a 3-2 series lead in the American Hockey Leagues Western Conference final. "Thats the game right there," said Spott. "Youve got a (1:35) 5-on-3, youre up 1-0 as soon as you dont get at least momentum off of it you know theyre probably going to get a push back shift. They got it and Scott Glennie got a big goal for them. "Then you could feel the tide turn." Spencer Abbott scored the lone goal for the Marlies, his fourth of the playoffs and fourth in the last two games. Drew MacIntyre made 31 saves in the loss. Cristopher Nilstorp stopped 17 shots in the win as the Marlies were out-shot for the 11th time in 12 playoff games. The Game 5 winner in Calder Cup playoff history has gone on to win the series 81.1 per cent of the time. Peters poked home the rebound off of Matej Stranskys shot for his first of the playoffs at 9:02 of the third for the winning goal, and Texas goaltender Cristopher Nilstorp made 17 saves in the win. With Maxime Fortunus off for closing his hand on the puck and Jyrki Jokipakka serving a tripping minor, Torontos power play, which went 3 for 6 in Game 4 was unable to generate any serious threat. Glennie beat MacIntyre with a wrist shot for his fourth of the playoffs at 11:10 of the middle frame to tie it 1-1. "We didnt buy in tonight and thats really frustrating," said MacIntyre. "You could tell right away, but I thought wed wake up at some point and we just didnt and thats really disappointing. "We were desperate to win (Game 4) we didnt want to go down 3-1, but I wouldve thought we have the same desperation tonight, not wanting to go down 3-2, but were doing it the hard way." Toronto opened the scoring for a 12th consecutive game as Abbotts centring pass deflected off of Stars centre Chris Mueller and past Nilstorp 41 seconds into the first period. Trevor Smith nearly made it 2-0 at 3:19 of the opening frame, with Nilstorp down and out, the Marlies captain missed the wide open net. "Weve got our backs against the wall now and weve got nothing to lose," said Smith. "Weve got to go out there and play like weve been playing and just string together three periods. Weve come out strong in all the games, but we got a little complacent towards the end of the first period." Spott believes his 12 forwards were out-worked once again by the Stars forward group and as a result, expects lineup changes once again in Game 6. "The challenge for me is getting our 12 forwards to work as hard as their 12 forwards. If I can get that, were going to be fine," Spott said. "Our goaltending has been fine, our back end has been fine. We simply dont have enough push back from our 12 forwards right now and we need that going into Texas." Notes: American Hockey League President and CEO, David Andrews was in attendance for Game 5. Marlies defenceman Korbinian Holzer missed his second game with a lower body injury and Spott doesnt expect him to be available for Game 6. Game 6 of the series goes Monday in Texas. Josh Reddick Jersey . QUARTERBACKS Carson Palmer (vs Colts)Last week: 30/42, 419 yards, 2 TDsWinners of their last three and now tied for the final wild card spot in the NFC, the Cardinals are worth keeping an eye on. Colby Rasmus Jersey .com) - Mikko Korhonen carded a 5-under 67 on Thursday to claim medalist honors at the European Tours Final Qualifying Stage tournament. http://www.baseballastrosproshop.com/george-springer-astros-jersey/.com) - In the absence of Dwight Howard, Donatas Motiejunas had a career night to keep the Houston Rockets winning streak alive. Houston Astros Jersey .C. -- The Carolina Panthers announced Thursday theyve signed free agent wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery to a two-year contract, helping rebuild a depleted wide receiving corps. Jose Cruz Jersey .Michael Briscoe is serving a life sentence for sexual assault, kidnapping and first-degree murder in the death of 13-year-old Nina Courtepatte in 2005.MIAMI -- For Philadelphia, the season finale was about whats coming next year. For Miami, its about whats coming next week. And really, nothing else mattered. Thaddeus Young scored 20 points, Michael Carter-Williams had 12 in the final game of his impressive rookie campaign, and the 76ers wrapped up a dismal season by topping the Heat 100-87 on Wednesday night for their second win of the season over the two-time defending NBA champions. Brandon Davies had 11 points, while Henry Sims, James Anderson and Casper Ware each scored 10 for the 76ers (19-63). "We stuck together," Young said. "We did a very good job of staying together, playing as a cohesive unit. Sometimes the odds were stacked against us but we didnt let that get us down." Dwyane Wade scored 16 points in 23 minutes for Miami (54-2Cool, which got 13 from Toney Douglas and 11 from Ray Allen. Shane Battier -- in his final season barring a seismic change of heart -- scored nine points and eclipsed the 30,000-minute mark in his regular-season career. "Couldnt be more proud of my guy," Battiers wife, Heidi Battier, wrote on Twitter. Her husband half-seriously talked about the milestone with Heat coach Erik Spoelstra earlier in the day. "If you had told me when I was a little boy that one day youre going to play 30,000 regular-season NBA minutes, Id have said Get out of here," Battier said. "Even at 35, 13 years in, the novelty of playing in the NBA and living my dream is still there." The Heat -- who came into the night locked into the No. 2 seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs -- rested LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Mario Chalmers, Rashard Lewis and Chris Andersen, and found out before the game that their quest for a third straight NBA title opens Sunday at 3:30 p.m. Their first-round opponent: Charlotte. "That team competes very hard," Wade said. Miami went 4-0 against the Bobcats this season, though one was a one-point game and another went to overtime. And since Miami landed James and Bosh, the Heat are 15-0 against the club now owned by Michael Jordan, a guy who knows a thing or two about three-peats and whose jersey was retired long ago in MMiami as a show of respect.dddddddddddd "Theyre a worthy, worthy opponent," Spoelstra said of the Bobcats. "So weve got to get to work." The last time Miami and Charlotte met was March 3, when James scored a career-high 61 points. Wednesdays game was decided in the third, when the 76ers outscored the Heat 29-15. By then, Wade had played 23 minutes in one last tuneup, and the Heat seemed content to get the second season started. "Our record doesnt show we had a good season but the main thing is we stayed together," Carter-Williams said. Philadelphia finished with the leagues second-worst record, but has the expected rookie of the year in Carter-Williams and could have as many as seven picks -- two of them out of the lottery -- in this years draft. This year was bleak. The future shouldnt be in Philly. "The relief that the season has ended truly does not creep into my mind because its trumped by the excitement that I see going forward," 76ers coach Brett Brown said. "Im so excited to watch the direction of ping-pong balls. Im so excited to watch what we do with our summer leagues. ... I see the foundation." Brown said it was a season where he wanted to emphasize fitness and start building a culture when it comes to professionalism in terms of absorbing scouting reports, weight-room sessions and studying video. He thinks that was accomplished. "At times I get excited because I think I know something others may not," Brown said. "I feel like were heading in the right direction. I hope we can get some luck with the draft and move our program forward." NOTES: It was Fan Appreciation Night in Miami, and Battier addressed the sellout crowd in a brief pregame ceremony. "Lets go Heat and lets go get this ring," said Battier, who logged nearly 40 minutes, his most since the 2011-12 season. ... Brown, who was an assistant with San Antonio before taking the 76ers job last summer, plans to fly there Thursday night to visit with Gregg Popovich and the Spurs staff. ... Greg Oden returned to the Miami lineup, his first appearance since March 26 because of back issues and more recently, a stomach virus. He had two points and five rebounds in 13 minutes. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Is the above message: Offensive? Objectionable? Way off track?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Join Property Expert Forum Index -> FIRST TIME BUYERS by Luke Doonan
Page 1 of 1

Go to:  
Advertise with us  |  Privacy  |  Terms & Copyright                                                                                     Website maintained by USP Networks