n Cooper said. "He wants that next start. Hes not
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Join Property Expert Forum Index -> Where to eat?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:15 am    Post subject: n Cooper said. "He wants that next start. Hes not Reply with quote

ROME -- Novak Djokovic is going to the French Open with a big clay-court victory in his pocket. And a heavy heart. Djokovic extended his recent dominance over Rafael Nadal by rallying for a 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 victory Sunday to win the Italian Open for the third time -- then dedicated the title to his flood-hit native Serbia by carving a heart on the clay with his racket. "This heart on the court is for you," he told the fans in Italian during the victory celebration. "Its also a special dedication to my country, which is suffering a lot right now. My heart is with them." In the womens final, Serena Williams kept the crowd from being a factor in a 6-3, 6-0 victory over 10th-seeded home favourite Sara Errani to win her third Rome title. Errani was bidding to become the first Italian to win the tournament in nearly 30 years but the top-ranked Williams quickly took control in both sets and Errani was slowed by a left thigh problem. Williams had a left thigh problem herself last week that prompted her to withdraw before her quarterfinal match at the Madrid Open but now she appears back on track for the French, which starts next Sunday. "Im not 100 per cent but Im just kind of going on adrenaline," the top-ranked American said. Djokovic found his motivation from a different source. Authorities say 25 people have died in the Balkans because of the worst flooding in a century after three months worth of rain fell on the region in three days this week. Tens of thousands of homes were left without electricity or drinking water. "Im trying to contribute in my own way," Djokovic said. "These are very critical times for our country and our people. But were being united and this win and this trophy is dedicated to them." Having also been beaten in Monte Carlo and Barcelona recently, it marked the first time in a decade that the top-ranked Nadal has lost more than two matches on clay in the same year. Nadal was pushed to three sets in four out of his five matches here. "When he hit the first ball good a lot of times it was very difficult to arrive to the ball and change the dynamic of the point," Nadal said. "I didnt have enough energy to hit the first shot with the right intensity." The second-ranked Djokovic has now won four straight matches against Nadal -- the previous three in straight sets -- and takes the psychological edge to Paris. "It gives me a lot of confidence winning against Rafa in the finals of a big tournament on clay," he said. "Its definitely a confidence booster. Its an ultimate challenge and Im very happy with my game so far and hopefully I can carry that into Roland Garros." The French Open is the only Grand Slam that Djokovic has yet to win, with his best result a runner-up finish in 2012. Nadal has won the tournament eight times. Djokovic was able to dictate play by stepping inside the baseline. "I tried to be aggressive from the start to the end," said Djokovic, whose other Rome titles came in 2008 and 2011. "I know that the only way to win against him is to be aggressive." Earlier, Errani left the court for an injury timeout while trailing 5-3 in the opening set and came back with her thigh bandaged. On the final point before she left the court, Errani pulled up and let a shot from Williams pass by her without even attempting to get to it. "Im sorry. You were unbelievable all week," Errani told fans during the victory ceremony, as she brushed back tears. "I tried to do my best and stayed on the court only for you." Williams other Rome titles came in 2002 and last year -- and she went on to win the French Open on both occasions. "Im also sorry for Sara today," Williams told the crowd in Italian. "She really played great all week." Organizers attempted to whip up patriotic fervour by having the Italian anthem sung before the players walked out onto the court, and fans continuously chanted "Sara, Sara" to try and encourage Errani in an atmosphere that more resembled a Davis Cup or Fed Cup setting. But Williams jumped out to a 3-0 lead and while Errani had a few chances to get back into the first set, Williams overpowered the Italian with her serve -- she had seven aces to Erranis none -- and overall attacking game. Still, Errani could console herself by becoming the first Italian finalist in the tournament since Raffaella Reggi took the 1985 title in Taranto. Sacramento Kings Jerseys . Ted Ligety, Mikaela Shiffrin, Bode Miller and Tim Jitloff underlined the squads enormous potential on the Rettenbach glacier in Austria. De Aaron Fox Jersey . Charlottetown scored four times in the third period en route to a 5-2 win over the defending champion Halifax Mooseheads on Friday. http://www.nbakingsonline.com/Authentic-Vince-Carter-Kings-Jersey/. Tony Parker had 33 points and nine assists and San Antonio never trailed in a resounding 116-92 victory over Portland, bullying the younger Trail Blazers in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals. Justin Jackson Jersey . The American secured his first back-to-back ATP match wins since June to leave Tsonga relying on his performance at next weeks Paris Masters to clinch one of the final three places for the season-ending event in London. Tsonga would have moved up one spot to No. 6 with a win over Querrey at the City of Arts and Sciences, but his serve deserted him in the second set as the 116th-ranked American broke twice to reach the quarter-finals. Buddy Hield Jersey .Y. - The Buffalo Sabres reassigned forward Sam Reinhart to the WHLs Kootenay Ice on Friday.TAMPA, Fla. -- Ben Bishop had a milestone game against one of the NHLs greatest goalies. Bishop stopped 23 shots to set Tampa Bays single-season record with 31 victories as the Lightning beat Martin Brodeur and the New Jersey Devils 3-0 on Saturday night. "Hes got a few more than me," Bishop said of Brodeur, who tops the NHLs career wins list with 686. "Its always nice playing against the best in the game, if not the best ever. So, whenever you can get a win against him, you remember those." Bishop (31-11-6) broke the mark held by Nikolai Khabibulin, which was set in 2002-03. It was Bishops fifth shutout this season. "Youre watching the growth of Ben Bishop," Lightning coach Jon Cooper said. "He wants that next start. Hes not shying away from it." Bishop now has 49 career victories, including eight shutouts, in 97 games. Michael Kostka had a goal and an assist for Tampa Bay, which has won two in a row following a five-game losing streak (0-3-2). B.J Crombeen and Nate Thompson had the other goals for the Lightning. Brodeur made 29 saves for the Devils, who were coming off a 5-3 loss Friday night at Florida. Brodeur had beaten Tampa Bay twice earlier this season, allowing just one goal overall. "Its all about winning," Brodeur said. "It doesnt matter if I feel good in there. We didnt get the win. On a personal note, I was seeing the puck pretty good." The Devils are 11th in the Eastern Conference. "We all know whats at stake," New Jersey coach Peter DeBoer said. "Its a disappointing trip, but the season is not over." Bishop turned aside four shots by Michael Ryder, including a nice arm save, during the first two periods, and gloved a shot from the top of the left circle by Adam Henrique with 6 1/2 minutes to go in the third.dddddddddddd Brodeur made a nifty glove save on Steven Stamkos shot 7 minutes into the second. After J.T. Brown had his penalty shot stopped by Brodeur at 11:19, Crombeen, positioned in the slot, redirected Kostkas shot past the New Jersey goalie for a 1-0 lead 1:07 later. Kostka made it 2-0 when he was left alone just outside the crease and put a back-hander past Brodeur with 3:02 left in the second. Valtteri Filppula assisted on both of the Lightnings second-period goals, and has six assists and seven points during a four-game point streak. Thompson scored at 16:41 of the third. The Devils had a goal by Jon Merrill disallowed at 5:01 of the first because of incidental goalie contact. "From the bench I couldnt tell," DeBoer said. "When I watched the replay, their guy obviously was the one who interfered with the goalie. So its disappointing that that call wasnt properly made. Its water under the bridge. Weve got to bounce back." New Jerseys Jaromir Jagr had his five-game point streak -- three goals, six points -- end. He had two shots and was minus-1. NOTES: Stamkos was held without a point for the fourth time in five games since returning from a broken right shin. ... Tampa Bay is 0 for 3 on penalty shots this season. ... New Jersey C Ryan Carter didnt play due to an upper-body injury. ... Crombeen had been a healthy scratch the previous four games and six of the last seven. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Is the above message: Offensive? Objectionable? Way off track?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Join Property Expert Forum Index -> Where to eat?
Page 1 of 1

Go to:  
Advertise with us  |  Privacy  |  Terms & Copyright                                                                                     Website maintained by USP Networks